So in my ongoing efforts to rediscover a bit of pace in my RC racing, I’ve updated my Mini…
Behold the Tamiya M-07 Concept!
The car has been available for over a year and lots and lots has been written about it already so I’ll keep it brief:
- As soon as you start building it you can tell it’s a true race chassis – a massive step up from the M-05 in design and materials
- It’s a lot easier to set up because of the flat chassis bottom
- Only issue in the build was a bit of friction between the hubs and the wishbones
- The only hop ups I’ve added are 5mm alloy wheel hexes and some standard length TRF dampers
- On track, the standard driveshafts bind up at full lock so I will try the DCJs
- I’ve seen comments about the body posts being in a different position but it’s not the case with this shell which came straight from my M-05
Pit pic taken at Forest Raceway – a permanent carpet track west of Gloucester. It’s a fairly small track, but has a very smooth surface, plenty of indoor pitting and a friendly atmosphere. Had a really productive shakedown session, and despite hitting the boards far too often, nothing broke!